The Team of the Year is a set of cards/special versions of players that are released by EA to celebrate the best players from a calendar year.
Who is in the TOTY in FIFA 19?
At the time of writing, the nominations have just been released (see them below) but we will update this page when they have been decided.
However, the team will be announced on January 7, 2019. You will then be able to get these cards in packs for a limited time after this.
How is the Team Decided?
EA have chosen a curated list of people in the media and athletes to choose from their list of 55 nominees. This list of people receive a ballot box and then post their team of the year, in a 4-3-3 formation, on social media using the hashtag #TOTYVote.
These votes count for 60% of the decision with the remaining 40% decided by EA.
Who are the Nominees for FIFA 2019 (for the calendar year of 2018)?
- De Gea
- Jordi Alba
- Sergio Ramos
- Thiago Silva
- Van Dijk
- David Silva
- De Bruyne
- Sergio Busquets
- Neymar Jr
- Cristiano Ronaldo
When are TOTY Players Released?
January of the following year. The FIFA 19 Team of the Year will be released on January 7, 2019.